We’re looking for a:
Principal Software Engineer (Cloud)
Twisthink is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to help us scale our cloud team and deliver new digital strategies and solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering solutions in a cloud-native context that are highly scalable, performant, and cost-effective. The Principal Software Engineer will be an open minded, curious, agile thinker able to work in an entrepreneurial environment. As a technical leader on the team, you will help our clients and our team navigate complex and ambiguous problems and set the bar for technical excellence.
Currently located in Holland with relocation plans to downtown Grand Rapids (early 2023), our business is growing exponentially and offers continual growth opportunities with unlimited business potential. Named among the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in West Michigan, Twisthink is a haven for unusual thinking, bringing together multidisciplinary teams, and fostering a radically supportive environment where we share wins and challenges – all with a focus on personal support and growth toward your goals, in work and in life. Twisthink is proud to be a strategic partner with Amazon (AWS) for cloud solutions, which affords our customers even more cloud possibilities, and ensures best-in-class architectures, global scale, and accelerated deployment. We are all about digital strategy and digital solutions – setting the strategy, architecting for scale, and building the solution. At Twisthink, we create impact!Apply Now
- Balance your work with your life – work reasonable, flexible hours with a hybrid work model.
- Initially work in downtown Holland and then move into a brand-new office in downtown Grand Rapids – who wouldn’t want to with all the great places to eat, shop and explore!
- Get inspired in our fresh and innovative workspace
- Engage with highly collaborative cross-functional teams comprised of Architects, Developers, Designers, and Engineers focused on problem solving and development.
- Actively support an average of 3 major projects and work across multiple industries, delivering solutions using the most modern tools and cutting-edge technology.
- Plan and grow with other leaders in all kinds of technical environments with a unique breadth of technical scope.
- Enjoy team building opportunities, organizational events, community impact, and ‘Fun Fridays’!
- Receive competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including profit sharing and 401(k) matching up to 3%.
As a Principal Software
Engineer You Will:
- Provide technical leadership for our customers and teams in the development of cloud-based connected solutions made up of smart sensors/devices, wireless communication, mobile, web and other applications.
- Leverage your knowledge and experience to provide technical mentorship to the rapidly growing development team on best practices for technical design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with product owners and solutions architects to understand the business and technical requirements of the cloud solution and lead the cloud development team in design, implementation and launch of the solution.
- Support business development and project leads with quoting new software development projects: defining development tasks and phase deliverables, identifying dependencies and areas of risk, estimating both development effort and recurring operational costs, and aligning team members with assignments based on skills and availability.
- Design and develop software within an Agile framework, using Scrum or Kanban methodologies as required on projects.
- Lead technical status updates in your area of expertise. Communicate architectural and design rationale and present learnings and their impact on product performance.