We’re looking for a:
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Twisthink is looking for a dynamic Senior Embedded Software Engineer to design and build custom IoT edge devices. We have a dynamic culture and constantly evolving projects across multiple industries – never solving the same problem twice!
You’ll work closely with clients, our internals teams and our external development partners to deliver scalable, maintainable, and resilient solutions. You’ll help to navigate complex ambiguous problems and set the bar for technical excellence on the team.Apply Now
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to the design and delivery of embedded solutions that include sensors, wireless communication, battery/power management, edge analytics, real-time control, and more.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the client’s technical requirements and then design and specify software architectures to meet these requirements.
- Assist product owners and project managers with quoting new development projects by defining software development tasks and phase deliverables, identifying dependencies and areas of risk, and estimating development effort.
- Design and develop software within an Agile framework, using Scrum, Kanban, and other methodologies.
- Leverage your knowledge and experience to mentor the development team on best practices for software design, development, and testing.
- Lead technical status updates in your area of expertise. Communicate architectural and design rationale and present learnings and their impact on product performance during customer update calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE with at least 5 years of embedded systems development experience.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Familiar with developing software in a team-based environment using Git version control tools: commit cadence, branching, merging, pull requests, and code reviews.
- Competency with embedded development environments (e.g., scripting languages, command line interface, and standard utilities).
- Comprehension of C and a good understanding of object-oriented and scripting languages such as C++ and Python.
- Experience with software technologies such as: real-time operating systems, inter-process communication and coordination and design of APIs and messaging protocols.
- Experience with embedded system IO technologies: GPIO, SPI, UART, and I2C.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices: continuous integration, automated testing, remote device monitoring and management, and deployment of software updates to devices in the field.