A callout to the curious
A Workplace Unlike Most Workplaces
Team culture, personal achievement and company growth: they only happen with intentionality and persistent focus. Our ongoing pursuit of what’s next has led us to consciously build and evolve the kind of company we – and perhaps you – have always wanted to work for. But don’t just take our word for it.
Valuing People First
We value creative thinkers and process people, team players, and spreadsheet makers. We value the diversity of thought and perspective that gets shared around our table. Because when we come together, we can build something that none of us could accomplish alone. As a team that values human-centered design, it should be no surprise that of all the things we value, it always comes back to and is rooted in people – those we work with and for. Here is what else we value:
Benefits – how we best invest in you.
We approach benefits the same way we approach our work: Start with the basics that everyone expects. Then exceed all expectations.
- 1-to-1 mentorship program for employees and leaders
- Allotted time for individual professional development
- More than 22 paid days off after one year
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Ongoing Education Reimbursement
- Friday morning team meetings and breakfast
- Monthly team soup lunch during the fall and winter months
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Happy hours, quarterly events and holiday parties
- Flexible summer hours and remote work flexibility
- Offer paid time off for team community service events
We work, celebrate, try new things, and give back – together.
Collaboration is what we do best – and some of our most memorable efforts together happen outside of our daily work in fun and meaningful ways. When you enjoy being in the company of those you work with, you do more than just work together – you do more of life together. Here’s a look at what we do when we’re off the clock.
"As a mom I was looking for a company that would allow me to have some flexibility in my day-to-day life and trust me enough to get my work done. Twisthink has done just that, and I feel fortunate to work for a company that allows me to juggle my other full-time job at home!”
- Taryn Kutches, Project Director
"I have always searched for the unexpected—a new challenge, a new test. I need to debate, to fail, to listen and learn because I believe these things are necessary for me to become a better student and a better leader. I love growing every day at Twisthink, and I’m happy to be able to do it all with an incredible team by my side. "
- Brent Beukema, Industrial Design Lead
"Twisthink is not just a workplace. It is like a tight-knit family that has its own culture, traditions and ethos. The place itself has a refreshing and lively vibe to it and every member is highly motivated to help and support the family and the customers it serves. "
- Khwaja Naved, Software Engineer
"Coming from a larger company, the speed and agility of Twisthink has been a positive change for me. Everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas which can be quickly evaluated and implemented, with the benefits then seen by the entire team.”
- Steve Honderd, Finance Director
“At Twisthink I have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that challenge me and push me to broaden my skills all while working with coworkers who I have formed genuine friendships with. Working at Twisthink - I hit the jackpot!”
- Brad Natelborg, Senior Software Engineer
Ready to Join Our Team?
Below is a list of roles that we are actively seeking to fill. To learn more about roles, responsibilities and requirements, click on the arrow to access the full job description and the prompt on how to apply.
Twisthink is looking for a talented IoT Solutions Architect to help our clients bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions. In this role, you will own the entire system architecture from project inception through system integration and production deployment. You will work face-to-face with our clients and collaborate closely with internal design and engineering teams as well as our external development partners. You will provide experience, knowledge, and technical leadership to help our team deliver value to our customers on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will have deep roots in the development of cloud-based solutions to solve real business needs but also have enough experience with front-end and edge device development to understand what it takes to design systems that can be integrated smoothly and operated efficiently.
Solutions Architect Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, integration, and delivery of IoT solutions for Twisthink’s clients.
- Provide deep technical expertise and leadership to the architecture of cloud-based solutions.
- Lead the definition of APIs and other interfaces between major system components.
- Create technical clarity and alignment across the UX, web app, mobile app, cloud, and edge device development teams throughout the new product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal Twisthink teams as well as our external development partners to ensure project goals are met.
- Lead our customers through the technical aspects of the system development process. Discover and define technical requirements and constraints, present alternatives, and discuss tradeoffs. Provide technical authority to help resolve disagreements and make good design decisions for the benefit of our customers.
- Support pre-sales engagements with potential customers and represent Twisthink’s capabilities and experience in solution architecture and system integration.
- Collaborate with the sales, engineering, and design teams to estimate projects and write quotes for new business.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of full life-cycle cloud-based development experience.
- Certification as an AWS or Azure Solutions Architect. Ability and desire to become certified on both platforms.
- Successful design, development, and deployment of three or more cloud-based solutions.
- Deep understanding of the architectural tradeoffs around solution performance, scalability, and operational cost effectiveness.
- Clear definition of cloud APIs for web app, mobile app, and edge devices resulting in successful system integration and production-level deployment.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates poise, competence, and hospitality when engaging clients face-to-face.
- Desire to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Why Join our Team?
- Ability to work on a variety of projects keeping each day new and exciting
- Work in an inclusive, fun environment that puts a lot of emphasis on culture
- Be included in monthly business reviews that provides transparency
- Work hard, play hard. We spend a lot of time together as a team, and are committed to making that experience as enjoyable and fruitful as possible for you, our organization, and our clients
- Receive a competitive package that include health club membership, ongoing education reimbursement, health insurance, and biannual performance bonuses
- Enjoy a health-centric work environment – all intended to help you (and us) reach peak potential
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Twisthink ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Didn’t see your ideal role listed?
Thoughtful team building happens even when there isn’t an immediate role to fill. How might you fit within the Twisthink team and complement our work? Let us know and be sure to include a resume.